In my post here, I had given a brief introduction about Replication Policy Scheduling feature which is getting introduced in Hive Replication V3. This post is an attempt to provide more details on this.
At the end of the post, you should be able to know:
* What is a scheduled replication policy (also referred as replication policy)
* Changes in the syntax of REPL DUMP and REPL LOAD commands
* What is replication metrics
* How to perform CRUD operations on a replication Policy
* How to enable/disable replication policy
Before we discuss about the new replication policy scheduling…
This post is just to give a glimpse of the new features we are building in Apache Hive Replication subsystem. These features would be available in the upcoming release i.e. Apache Hive 4.0.0.
Replication is already supported in Apache Hive and is available in previously released version, Apache Hive 3.0.0. In the upcoming version we have come up with significant number of support to enhance the feature set in replication. In this post I will just touch upon those and briefly introduce them here: